Are you tried treating the moss in your basement?
You should have a serious concern about it. Damping might seem a little irritating at first, but it might cause a serious health crisis if left untreated. Hence hiring the best Ontario fireproofing companies is recommended.
One of the popular fireproofing methods is cementitious waterproof. Cementitious coatings are two-component, permeable, seamless coatings that are used to offer positive and negative side waterproofing protection on concrete and masonry surfaces. They protect against water intrusion and are resistant to mold and mildew.
In sulfate-contaminated soils, the cementitious layer protects the concrete. The garage insulation Newmarket, ON can be used to waterproof concrete and other mineral substrates both inside and externally. It may also be used on subsurface constructions and roofs and decks. The cementitious coating can protect roads and coastal constructions from the effects of chlorides while also increasing the durability of reinforced concrete.
This article has shared all the essential details about the cementitious waterproofing method. Read the article till the end to communicate more effectively with your service provider.
Advantages of Cementitious Insulation
Let’s explore the various benefits of this method of insulation:
- It is simple to use and can be found at any hardware or construction supply store.
- These coatings are applied in the same way as cement is: mix it with water until it reaches the desired consistency, and then apply it with a stiff-bristled brush.
- It is seamless and enhances the aesthetic quality of the building to which it is applied.
- It is chemically resistant, abrasion-resistant, and weather-resistant, including frost resistance.
- It bonds porous and non-porous surfaces and old and fresh concrete.
- Improves the water tightness of concrete tanks, reservoirs, and clear wells that contain water.
- Protects against water penetration while being permeable to water vapor (breathable).
- Outstanding freeze/thaw resistance.
- Adhesion to sound, prepared substrates is excellent.
- Mixing and application are quick and straightforward.
- Abrasion resistance is excellent.
Types of Cementitious Insulation
Two-component polymer modified cementitious coating.—
This method of garage insulation Newmarket, ON is a two-component modified acrylic polymer-based cementitious waterproofing coating system that delivers a good water-resistant barrier after mixing and hardening. It is very resistant to both positive and negative pressures. It can withstand positive and negative pressures of up to 100m head in water-retaining and below-ground buildings, as well as roofs and decks.
Cementitious Waterproofing Slurry —
It is a polymer-modified proofing that helps waterproof masonry and concrete. It is made up of a liquid polymer and a cement base mix with unique additives.
Rapid-Setting Hydraulic Cement —
A rapid-setting hydraulic cement compound is used to halt flowing water or seepage in masonry or concrete. It is ready to use and needs water to be added before plugging and sealing active leaks.
Cementitious Waterproof Plugging Compound —
This is a ready-to-use, quick-setting compound that keeps water and moisture out. The product may be used as a waterproof filling mortar both inside and outside and where rapid setting and early strength increase are required.
Where is Cementitious Insulation Used?
Following are the few areas where Ontario fire proofing companies used cementitious insulation method:
- Water Treatment Plant
- Railway and Subway system
- Parking Structures
- River Locks
How Do They Apply?
Ontario fire proofing companies follow the steps below to ensure quality insulation.
- Surface preparation must be done properly.
- Mill scale, oil, grease, and other chemical pollutants should not be present on the surface.
- Concrete surfaces are often acid-etched, gently sandblasted, or bush-hammered by manufacturers.
- Before applying cementitious solutions, a substrate does not need to be primed.
- After surface preparation, the surface should be polished using sandblasting, and the coating should be applied as soon as possible.
- After completing the first preparation work, cementitious solutions are typically placed in two coats. Only proprietary materials may be used for the first coat. Second coatings are often chemical or metallic components included in a cement-and-sand mixture.
- If the adhesion between the substrate and the coating is poor, an intercoat can be employed.
- The coating is applied in variouscorrectlyncluding casting, troweling, and spraying.
- Over the membrane, a 2-inch concrete topping, carpet, tile, or other finish is put.
- After that, a wet cure of 24–48 hours is required.
Hopefully, it helped you know a little more about this waterproofing method.
Spray Foam Insulation has some attractive offers for its clients. Visit the official website for more information.