Life is nothing without delicious treats; they fill you with a unique feeling of joy! Every dessert has its own vibe, but a delicacy made with mango hits different in summer. Summer brings a lot of things with it, and mangoes are the best among them. This mango season, take the game up a notch by enjoying the juicy fruit in a cake form. You can order cake online in Bangalore with ease, but to get real fun try baking it yourself!
We understand that baking a cake is quite a tough task, especially in this burning hot weather. But you can not deny that the outcome of your own hard work tastes a lot sweeter! Moreover, with our easy-to-follow recipe, baking a cake would be a literal cakewalk for you ( you see what we did there ). So gather around, bring out your oven mitts and get to baking with us.
To make this luscious cake, you need the following things:
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- One full cup of caster sugar
- 60 grams of milk
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One whole cup of mango puree
- 120 grams of cream cheese
- Half a cup of butter
- One and a half cups of sugar icing
- One gram of cardamom powder
And, at last
- Fresh mango slices and cubes for garnishing
After all the necessary ingredients, now let’s start baking
- First thing first, preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare two cake pans by greasing up the surface with butter or vegetable oil, to minimize the chances of cake burning.
- Now take a medium-sized bowl, and add all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda into it. Next, start whisking the ingredients together properly. Once you are sure that all the dry ingredients are mixed together, place this bowl on one side.
- Now take another bowl and pour caster sugar and vegetable oil into it. Start mixing the two ingredients carefully; beware of any lumps that may form while mixing. Once you are sure they are mixed together well, set the bowl aside as well.
- Now, to make the mango puree, simply take some mango cubes in a blender and blend it as much as you can. Once it’s ready, add the mango puree to the vegetable oil mixture and get to whisking again. After the puree is completely mixed in the mixture, add milk and vanilla extract to the same mixture, one thing at a time.
- Then you need to beat the mixture as much as you can so that all the ingredients are blended together. Next, take the bowl with the dry ingredients and add them to the puree batter, and start folding the mixture. Remember, do not beat but fold this time so that the flavour and the texture of the cake are not ruined.
- Now take the prepared pans, and pour the batter into both pans, to bake the cake. Fill the pans only one-fourth, as the cake obviously will rise. Bake the cake at the same preheating temperature for about 30 to 35 minutes. To check if the cake is made, just take a toothpick and poke the cake with it; if it comes out clean, then the cake is made. Let the cake cool down a little before opening the pan, and then place the cake on the stand to cool down properly.
- For frosting, take cream cheese, butter, a little vanilla essence and cardamom powder together and start beating with all your might. You can use an electronic beater, or you can do it with your own hands, but keep on doing it until you achieve that fluffy consistency.
- After your cake is cold enough, slice both cakes in the middle to make four round slices of cake. Place them one on top of the other while frosting them in between. After the cake is stacked up, start covering it with frosting from the sides and top. Lastly, take the delicious mango slices and cube you have and garnish the top of the cake in whichever way you like. Keep the cake in the fridge for almost one hour to let the cream set, and your delicacy is ready to be devoured.