Saturday, January 28, 2023
Immigration attorney for citizenship
Immigration attorney for citizenship

Everything you need to know about 90 day’s fiancé visa?


People find long distances dating very challenging. In the United States, immigration law prohibits a foreign national from staying in the country for an extended period while the couple dates. Instead, the foreign person must be engaged to marry a citizen of the United States. Once the foreigner fiancé arrives in the United States, the pair has only 90 days to marry.

K-1 90 day fiancé visa requirements

  1. The petitioner must be a citizen of the United States.
  2. Within 90 days of the fiancé (arrival) in the United States, the pair must marry.
  3. The pair must be able to marry each other freely (i.e., if previously married, the party must provide proof of a divorce or death certificate)
  4. The pair must have met at least once in the two years leading up to the application (unless doing so would go against cultural/social norms or cause great hardship).

Obtaining a K-1 Visa

By completing Form I-129F, Petition for Foreign Fiancé, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, a U.S. citizen can petition on behalf of a foreign fiancé to acquire a K-1 visa. The K-1 visa, often known as a fiancé visa, allows a foreign fiancé to enter the United States to marry a U.S. citizen. The foreign fiancé must marry the U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of entering the country, according to the K-1 visa rules. If the foreign national does not marry within 90 days, they must leave the United States. As a result, a 90-day fiancé has been coined to describe this period. If you are looking for family-based immigration attorneys, contact us today without further delay.

Failure to Marry

There is no visa violation if the couple decides not to marry (as long as the intent was marriage). However, the foreign national must leave the U.S. before the 90-day period expires. If the foreign visitor does not leave the United States, their nonimmigrant status will automatically expire after 90 days and cannot be extended. Generally, your fiancé (e) and their children must leave the United States at the end of 90 days if you do not marry. If they do not depart, they will violate U.S. immigration law. This may result in removal (deportation) and affect their future eligibility for U.S. immigration benefits.

Green Card for 90 Day Fiancé

If the couple marries, the foreign national can apply for a green card (permanent residence) through an adjustment of status process. Based on the entrance to the United States on a K-1 visa and subsequent marriage to the U.S. citizen petitioner, the foreign national submits Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status. Foreign nationals can work and live permanently in the United States if they have a green card. Scouting best immigration attorney for citizenship?Call us.

The 90 days fiancé visa is also known as an AK-1 visa. To finally unite with the love of your life requires persistence and paperwork. This visa permits the engaged partner of a U.S. citizen to live in the United States for 90 days, as long as they get married. The couple must have seen each other in person within 2 years. The decision entirely depends on how long you are willing to wait to get married and various other circumstances. The couple must prove the legitimacy of their relationship with relevant evidence such as emails, flight itineraries, photos, written statements from friends and families, wedding invitations (indicating their intent to get married within 90 days of fiancés arrival).

The legal process is lengthy and complicated, and even a minor omission might result in your application being rejected entirely. It is recommended that you call the best attorney who will guide you through the procedure and offer you rapid answers to your questions. We at Carstarphenlaw have some prominent immigration lawyers who provide online consultation free of cost. Get in touch with our most experienced attorneys for U.S. immigration in Gadsden.

One can consult a virtual immigration law office in Gadsden for immediate assistance by a knowledgeable immigration attorney.

I am a Social Media marketer specialist with more than 7 years of experience, We provide the best social media marketing service in Australia, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktook, and Youtube social media platform 24 7 Support and Secure Payments.