Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) also offered its courses and education to international candidates who currently reside in India as NRI or who reside outside India. IGNOU across the world has expanded its distance learning by establishing international centers for study across overseas countries. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has collaborated with many international institutes like PMC Academy Private Limited in Singapore, Clascma International Education, and Research Centre, Unigrad Education Center WLL, Wisdom Educational Consultant in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and Suqayyah-Manama in Bahrain. IGNOU has signed a Memorandum of Association (MoAs) with these educational institutions to offer IGNOU courses.
IGNOU offers more than 150 courses for those candidates who got admission to the overseas study centers of Indira Gandhi National Open University. The courses offered for International students are Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s Degree, diplomas, and Certificate levels. International Aspirants who reside in India can seek admission through the IGNOU Online Admission Procedure. They can download the prospectus of IGNOU through online mode without paying any fees for it.
The admission for IGNOU 2022 is conducted twice a year i.e. January and July. IGNOU 2022 admission for the July Session has been started. The application form for IGNOU 2022 admission is available on the official website of IGNOU i.e., ignou.ac.in. The last date to re-register for IGNOU 2022 July session registration date has been extended to July 15, 2022, whereas the date of admission is July 31, 2022. Aspiring candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 250 to apply for admission.
Admission to Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Certificate, and Post Graduate Diploma courses is based on the marks secured in the last qualifying examination. Admission was done on the basis of merit. IGNOU conducts entrance examinations for admission to various courses like B.Sc Nursing, B.Ed, Post Basic, and Ph.D. courses.
IGNOU 2022 July Session: How To Apply:
1. Go to the official site of IGNOU i.e., ignou.ac.in and download the application form
- Now, candidates need to click on the ‘New Registration” button that will appear in the login area of the applicant.
- Candidates need to register themselves with a username that should be between 8 to 16 characters.
- Now, applicants need to choose their password which also should be between 8 to 16 characters.
- Applicants need to click on the ‘Submit’ button after filling in all the mandatory information.
- Aspirants’ usernames will be sent to them by SMS and through email ID instantly.
- For subsequent login, candidates need to remember their username and password.
- If a candidate is already registered then he/ she should click the ‘Login’ button.
- Applicants before proceeding to fill the application online should have the following documents:
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate if possible (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of Educational Qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate (less than 200 KB), if below poverty Line.
- Scanned Copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate (less than 200 KB).
- Then, fill out the IGNOU 2022 July session application form and submit it by paying an application fee. The application fee can be paid online through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Applicants need to scan their documents from their originals. Once the document is uploaded, click on the Next button and the candidate will get the Form preview option.
- Lastly, download IGNOU 2022 application form and take a printout of it for further reference.
Registration fee, Cancellation of Admission, and Refund of Fee:
At the time of admission, a non-refundable Registration Fee will be charged along with the course fee for the first semester/year. If an applicant applies for the admission cancellation and refund of fee, the request for a refund will be considered as per the University rule.
IGNOU 2022 Admission:
IGNOU offers various courses like B.Sc, BA, B.Com, BCA, BBA, BPP, BLIS, and BSW in various specializations at the Under Graduate level. The courses that are offered through the distance learning mode are of 3 years duration. BLIS and BPP courses are offered for a 1-year duration. Admission to all the Under Graduate courses are done on the basis of marks obtained in the higher secondary exam or its equivalent from a recognized board. However, BBA in Service Management selection will be done on the basis of the entrance exam that the university conducts.
The open university also offers admission to the MBA courses in the School of Management Studies. The MBA courses are offered in two specializations i.e., MBA in Banking and Finance, and MBA in General. IGNOU along with the MBA program also offers various Post Graduate Diploma courses in the field of management. To get admission in the MBA course, aspirants must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% of marks in any discipline. Admission to the MBA program will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualifying examination.
IGNOU along with the UG and PG courses also offers M.Phil and Ph. D in various specializations. IGNOU offers Ph.D. courses in 12 subjects and M.Phil courses in 2 subjects. For admission to the Ph. D/ M. Phil course, candidates need to appear for the entrance test which will be conducted by the university. Ph. D Aspirants who have already cleared NET or M. Phil degree will be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Exam.
IGNOU offers Post Graduate Diploma courses in various streams including Analytical Chemistry, Computer Applications, Journalism and Mass Communication, Hospital and Health Management, etc. Admission to the Post Graduate Diploma courses will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualifying examination.