Your business needs accounting software that offers an amazing range of possibilities. From on-the-go mobile apps to powerful desktop applications, you can find the right program for your organization’s size and goals.
For QuickBooks, you can choose between cloud-based QuickBooks Online and the original QuickBooks Desktop. The following will help you find the best solution by exploring the main differences between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Online vs QuickBooks Desktop: what’s the difference?
Let’s start with the similarities. Both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop are small business accounting applications that provide double-entry bookkeeping and automatic closing postings. The main difference is their interface. The desktop version uses a flowchart interface, while the online version uses a streamlined cloud-based interface that can be accessed from any device.
- QuickBooks Online is specially designed for very small businesses and start-ups on the go.
- QuickBooks Desktop is created for small businesses looking for advanced features such as line-of-business applications.
Both versions of QuickBooks have their unique benefits depending on the need of the business. Some small businesses that are already using QuickBooks Online may restrain from utilizing full features that are available in QuickBooks Desktop. Such businesses Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop for their convenience and enjoy the full-fledged benefits of this powerful software.
Major features of QuickBooks Online vs Desktop
Now that we’ve briefly outlined QuickBooks Online and Desktop above, let’s take a closer look at more specific features.
QuickBooks Desktop offers:
- Automatic transaction feeds can significantly cut down the time spent downloading and processing bank transactions during bank reconciliation.
- The software is not primarily web-based, but it can be hosted online.
- The vendor center is a dashboard to manage vendor activities, details, and billing. You can discover everything you require in single place!
- Customer Center is a central dashboard that allows you to manage customer details, invoices, payments, and sales in one place.
- The inventory module sends alerts about low inventory levels, backlog quantities, product tracking, and inventory management.
- Integrates with QuickBooks Payments for easier payment processing.
QuickBooks Online offers:
- Online banking is a great way to keep track of your transactions. Many banks offer automatic bank reconciliation too.
- As it is cloud-based software, users can enjoy the benefits of working from anywhere on their Cloud Windows Desktop. This gives them the advantage of easy accessibility of the software with just an internet connection.
- Generate budget forecasts for monthly, quarterly, or annual periods.
- 250 accounts accounting capability.
- It offers several helpful features to help you create invoices, track customer details, and post payments.
- Automated payment reminders and payment links.
- Online bill payments and expense tracking.
Accounting is an integral part of growing businesses. Choosing the correct version of QuickBooks for your businesses is a difficult task.
If you are still confused over the versions of QuickBooks, let a Hosting provider like Apps4Rent take care of it. This hosting provider will not only help you with choosing the right version of QuickBooks but also, will help you with different cloud services like Exchange Online Migration which can improve your business functionality. They also provide you with additional benefits such as auto-updates, data entry automation, and many more.